Today, linear LED lighting is used in interiors of various purpose premises. It can be both residential buildings and apartments, as well as shops, offices, entertainment facilities, schools and universities. To simplify the installation of the tape and make it not just a lighting element, but also a harmonious detail of the situation, use a special design – aluminum LED profile. Externally, it is a hollow box, designed for the most convenient and reliable fastening LED strip. Polyvinyl chloride and other materials are also used for the manufacture of these accessories, but aluminum products are considered to be stronger and more durable.
Aluminum mounting boxes for LED strips have the following advantages:
- using them makes installing the lighting system faster and easier, especially when the work is done independently;
- the cable channel for the LED strip protects it from dust, moisture and mechanical damage;
- using the profile, you can provide the desired luminous flux. For example, a profile with a diffuser will give a soft and uniform light, while the version with integrated optical lines creates a directional stream of light.
- due to its ability to divert excess heat, the guides for the LED strip perform the task of a kind of “radiator”. As a result, the service life of the lighting elements is significantly increased.
- the LED box can serve as an original interior part. If before the appearance of such accessories, the line with LEDs was aimed at making it inconspicuous, now with the box it looks aesthetically and appropriately.
- LED strip placed in the box, is able to fully ensure the proper level of lighting, replacing the usual fixtures. Thus, it is possible to create a uniform light throughout the room, select a functional or stylistic zone, highlight individual elements of the decor (paintings, mirrors, etc.).
What are the types of profiles for LED stripes?
The following variations of this profile exist:
Usually it has a rectangular cross-section, attached with self-tapping screws or glue directly to the surface of the wall, plasterboard partition, etc.
Mounted in the same way as the previous view. The triangular or trapezoidal shape allows it to be used in corners under the ceiling (the profile in this case replaces the ceiling plinth), on the steps of the stairs, in the niches of furniture, etc.
Designed for concealed installation inside walls, ceiling structures, furniture. Due to the high level of protection from moisture and damage, it can be used outside, for example, to illuminate facades.
Suitable for concealed installation of LED lighting and creating non-trivial interior solutions.
How to choose the right LED profile?
When choosing, first of all you should pay attention to the width of the profile. Too wide a profile can lead to the appearance of shadows on the sides of the luminous line.
An important parameter is depth. To achieve uniform light, the distance between the LEDs should not be more than 1.5 times the depth of the box. If point light is required, this indicator can be safely exceeded.
The form and method of installation depends on the installation site and the conditions specified by the designer’s plan.
For a strong attachment and aesthetic result, additional details are needed – plugs, angles, adapters, tees, etc. It is also important to choose a quality adhesive or reliable self-tapping screws.